Friday, June 13, 2008

Friendly? Maybe Not.

I have a confession to make. I really don't like riding in the elevator with other people. I genuinely cherish those few moments that I get to spend alone riding up to the sixth floor of my office building. At work, you are expected to talk to one another because you are supposed to know each other. Don't get me wrong, I am not asocial. I just prefer to have those 20 seconds to myself.

Of course if someone is closely walking behind me, then i will hold the door for someone, but if the distance is questionable as to whether or not they could make it, I usually speed up the process and hit the "door closed" button. I know it's bad. And as superficial as this sounds, I like to check my appearance out in the mirrored doors before I step off on my floor. I just like to make sure that I don't have anything in my teeth, or that my clothes are situated right, and my hair is doing ok, before I go in.

I have to admit one time though, I almost got caught on my way downstairs. I was close to the mirrored doors and I was checking my teeth, you know smiling into the mirror. And the doors opened unexpectedly to let people on and I scurried away from the doors. I know they saw me haha, but at least I didn't know them at all. What is your confession?

No comments: